Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mountain Mud

Trent and I decided to have a "staycation" this year to save on gas and time driving. We did things close by that we don't normally take time to do. Last Thursday we went up the Alpine Loop to the summit to go mountain biking. Of course it started pouring rain. We sat in the truck for a while then as it died down a little we decided to go for it. The ride was great fun even though the grass was wet and we were soaked in a few minutes. Every once in a while a tall wet flower would hit me in the face as we went by. I thought we did pretty well for mountain biking novices on a narrow bumpy trail. It was a little too slick though. I slipped off a couple of times and finally had a pretty good wreck. We decided to turn back and had a nice ride back up the trail.

A cool day for a beautiful mountain ride, but oh, the mud.


0 comments: