Sunday, January 18, 2009

After Christmas Special

After Christmas we took to the snow. Trent pulled his nieces and nephews behind the jeep on their sleds. Seth loved watching from the warmth of the back seat. Michael kept begging for us to go faster and faster. We took them up and down hills. They crashed a few times but I was amazed at how well they were able to hang on and endure the cold snow plastering them in the face. It made me recall the times my dad and Uncle Ray would pull us around on an old truck hood. I remembered how exhilarating it was. Later that day Trent and I took Kirk and Luci out to the ranch. This time I got to take a turn. It was all right until we started going back and Luci took the wheel. She knew where the gas pedal was and went a lot faster than Trent did on the way out. The snow was a-flyin'. Trent was buried in the mountain of snow that my sled flipped up on him. Oh, it was cold and bumpy but it was still fun to act like a kid again.
Trent in a Pile of Snow
Luci and Jorgen out on the hill.
George and Jana the Brave The View From the Top of the Mountains




Were we braver as kids or just smarter now?

Kirky

0 comments: