Saturday, June 12, 2010

Teacher of the Year

So, I was surprised in April by our school's teacher of the year award.  I received a gift certificate for La Caille, a framed certificate at the board meeting, and two tickets to a Real Salt Lake soccer game where they recognized all the winners from the district.  It was pretty cool to be recognized but a little embarrassing too considering all the amazing teachers at our school.  One of my students gave me the best reward when he made huge gains on a reading test.  I told him I knew he could do it.  He told me it was all because of me.  Watching my kids grow and learn to love learning- that's why I teach.
Shiny isn't it!


The game was fun to watch and the crazy fan club on the south end kept banging on drums and letting confetti fly.

It was freezing cold!

The recognition during the half time was so funny.  They told us to wave when they announced our names but we couldn't hear the announcer at all.  They also had us face the West side.  All our family members were taking pictures from our seats on the East side.  Two bucks if you can figure out which one is me.

Here I am lost, trying to find my seat again in the cold wind after the half.


I eventually found Trent but he kept taking pictures because he thought it was hillarious.
Right then it started raining.  It was so cold and the rain was so heavy that we went up under the awning to try to watch.  Everyone else did too so we couldn't see.  After a bit we decided to leave and come back some sunny day.   One last cool thing: Phyllis was named teacher of the year at her school this year too.  The apples don't fall far from the tree, do they mom?

0 comments: