Thursday, August 11, 2011

Once Upon a Summer

Several months back Luci asked if I'd come down and watch their boys while they attended workshops. Then, when it came down to it my summer was so jam-packed and crazy, I didn't know how I'd be able to do it. It took some creative scheduling and a lot of help but it was worth it to have a few superb, fun packed days. I was teaching summer school so mom brought J and Z to me. Phyllis and Liesl took care of the boys during the morning while I was teaching. Then we all played together until we were exhausted.
First was an afternoon at BYU. We hobnobbed with the animals at the Bean Museum and checked out some modern art at MOA (no pics from there, the security guard politely requested I check my backpack at the front desk). We also splashed with the ducks at the pond right below the bell tower (that of course was the kids favorite part).
Next, was a trip to Kennecot Copper. This was a first for most of us and it was amazing. Both the nieces and nephews LOVED the "monster" trucks. They looked so tiny all the way down in the gigantic whole that is so big it is even visible from space. I loved how cute and stylin' they all were with their sunglasses on. The visitor's center was a hit with all the miniature tractors and models. It was free admission though so there were tons of people. I kept counting the kids over and over hoping we didn't lose any. Of course they all wanted to go in opposite directions. Never fear, we brought all of them back home safe and sound and fast asleep.The following day we had a pool party at Phyllis' house. George set up some shade for us to rest under while we watched the sliding and the splashing. Hours and hours of entertainment! We had so much fun it was hard to leave.
That night Trent and I took the boys to our ward campout. We barely had time to eat and make s'mores before it was time to meet their mom and dad. What a wonderful week. How hard to say good bye. I loved every minute and wished it never had to end.

0 comments: